The Baptist Congregation was begun in Bloomfield in 1820 and met in Concord Township. In 1849, organizers (listed below) brought a Baptist congregation to Spartansburg. The original church building was erected and dedicated in 1851. The church was described in the 1955 writings of Ralph Elliott Blakeslee as a “perfect specimen of New England Meeting House. That building was replaced by the current building on the same property in 1979.
AJ Millard, A Matteson, Joseph Cook, John Carperner, Isaac Shreve and Benjamin Darrow.
Spartansburg Baptist today. The new building was built on the same location as the original church building in 1979.