Info Panel
You are here:   Home  /  Structures  /  Homes

The Winans House (J Albert Winans)

This house belonged to JA (Bert) Winans.  In later years, it had apartment rooms in addition to being the family home. The home was on the North side of Main …

Jan 2015 Read More →

The Bates House

Mr. and Mrs. Fred Bates lived in this house on Mechanic Street         These pictures are from about 1936.                 …

Aug 2014 Read More →

The Lewis House

John M Lewis, Esq. owned and operated a wagon and carriage shop in the borough.   He was well-respected for his workmanship and he was also a Justice of the Peace …

Aug 2014 Read More →

The Lindstrom House

  This house, owned by Herbert and Maude Linstrom. was across from Platt’s Mill, behind the Thompson house.  It has been demolished.    

Aug 2014 Read More →

The Edwards House

William Edwards and his family came to Spartansburg from Forfar, Scotland in about 1873.  William, his wife Elisabeth (Scott) and their sons, James and William settled in a house on …

Aug 2014 Read More →

The JT Waid House

Aug 2014 Read More →

The William Major House

  William Major House is located on Main Street and structurally still looks very much the same as in 1876 when this drawing of the house was published in the …

Aug 2014 Read More →

The Burlingham House

Aug 2014 Read More →

The Lamb House

            The land was first purchased by Harvey (Major) Lamb from John Emerson in 1852.  Lamb built the house circa 1870. Lamb owned the Lamb …

Aug 2014 Read More →

The Thompson House

The Thompson House was known by locals as “The Castle.  It was built for the Thompson Family in……late 1800’s- I have not found an exact date. Several families lived in …

Aug 2014 Read More →