Info Panel
You are here:   Home  /  Structures  -  Page 2

Blacksmith Shops

At one time, Spartansburg hosted 4 blacksmith shops in the village.  Luther and George Day, Charles Thompson, John McDannel, Charles Kinney and OD Snapp were some of the early smiths …

Aug 2014 Read More →

The Bates House

Mr. and Mrs. Fred Bates lived in this house on Mechanic Street         These pictures are from about 1936.                 …

Aug 2014 Read More →

The Lewis House

John M Lewis, Esq. owned and operated a wagon and carriage shop in the borough.   He was well-respected for his workmanship and he was also a Justice of the Peace …

Aug 2014 Read More →

New Era Temple

The New Era Temple was established in about 1895 and built a church on the west side of  Mechanic Street, 2 doors down from what is now the PA Gast …

Aug 2014 Read More →

The Lindstrom House

  This house, owned by Herbert and Maude Linstrom. was across from Platt’s Mill, behind the Thompson house.  It has been demolished.    

Aug 2014 Read More →

The Edwards House

William Edwards and his family came to Spartansburg from Forfar, Scotland in about 1873.  William, his wife Elisabeth (Scott) and their sons, James and William settled in a house on …

Aug 2014 Read More →

The Edwards Woolen Mill

The Edwards Brothers (James and WIlliam), with the help of the town, constructed and operated a woolen mill.  Two acres of land at the end of Water Street were donated …

Aug 2014 Read More →

The JT Waid House

Aug 2014 Read More →

The William Major House

  William Major House is located on Main Street and structurally still looks very much the same as in 1876 when this drawing of the house was published in the …

Aug 2014 Read More →

The Burlingham House

Aug 2014 Read More →