Info Panel
You are here:   Home  /  Events  /  Decades  /  1910  /  Rexford Drug Store

Rexford Drug Store

On the southwest corner of Main Street and Mechanic Street, a large brick building was erected after the 1878 fire that destroyed both sides of the Main Street business district.  Initially, this building housed the CW Kinney grocery store, later called the Diamond Grocery.

About 1911, the store became a drug store and jewelry store owned by the Rexford family with partners.

deimerbuildA

This building was built following the fire of 1878. It was the home of CW Kinney Grocery, later the Diamond Grocery. In about 1911, C Rexford moved into the building as a druggist and Jeweler. The building remained as a drug store into the 1930’s, then was a service station and garage. The last owner was Ray Diemer. The building has since been demolished.

 

RexfordsOffice ??

This is probably the office used by C Rexford in the drug store

 

 

ClydeRexford

Clyde Rexford

 

 

 

LinaandMildredRexfordonPorch

Lina (mother) and Mildred Rexford

ClydeandLina Rexfordin buggy, JJBrightmanAndHermiaOn Porch (mother)

Clyde and Lina Rexford in buggy, JJBrightman and Hermia on porch (mother)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

LinaandMildredRexfordHome

The Rexford Parlor

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The druggists, Rexford and Allen were involved in some legal difficulties in 1914.  Morphine was sold in an illegal manner to a woman who later died of an overdose of morphine.  These articles report of the event and following charges and restitution.  Articles are from the Titusville Herald unless otherwise noted.

 

Rexford and Allen Morphine Sale

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  2014  /  1910, Business, Businesses, Citizens, Merchants, Merchants  /  Last Updated August 25, 2014 by Site Admin  /