In 1904, a band, under the direction of Gustave Schmelzer was formed.
Over the years, the membership changed, but concerts and parades were frequently attended by townsfolk to watch and hear our local musicians.
Gus Schmelzer gave his baton to Abe Goldstein, but his support continued.
Mr. Goldstein composed as well as directing the band and orchestra.
There is no indication of a date when this concert was held, but the program must have taken a good degree of practice to prepare.
The gazebo has since been removed-the Central Hotel (now Ashley’s Pub-2020) can be seen across the street.